Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Copious Amounts of Competitions With Talk of The Penniless Squirrel's Malnutrition

Sometimes it sounds like this is the case
Sorry guys I'm kind of on a squirrel kick right now, but you can't scold the squirrels! This picture was just too perfect to resist. It's both metaphorical and hilarious(squirrel double entendre).

Anyway, since squirrel talk is officially over, it's time for state solo/ensemble talk.  So, I did solo/ensemble(I did a solo) at my high school for the region competition. I was scored a 1 which is pretty durn good. I'm the only person in my school's symphonic band that made qualifies for state. To be fair there weren't that many in symphonic band doing it. Maybe six people even did the competition from symphonic band. Despite that I'm still proud I did well.

The piece that I played was called Achilles by R.M. Endresen. It was a grade IV piece with a piano accompaniment. I played it well and it was a great piece.

So I know that you want to know about that squirrel malnutrition right? Well squirrel malnutrition is just a thing I said to rhyme with state competition, kind of like Wiffletree Wind Ensemble, except five times better.
Sure a diet based solely on tree nuts can't be that great for you, too much carbs. I know that squirrels are herbivores and I'm sure that they have copious amounts of berries as well. Maybe there are squirrel kings in residential areas that govern the surplus of such nuts and berries and they are the only ones with the fat stacks. No stone unturned on this blog, we get right down to squirrel socio-economics.

Honestly I believe that the last paragraph was pure gold. Maybe you think it was nickel or maybe you think it was Californium 252 which is worth 27 million per gram.

Ok, now that we've gotten solo ensemble and squirrel socio-economic levels out of the way. I should talk about the Jazz concert. In the JV Jazz we did a set of three songs: Satin Doll, Misty and Oclupaca. A moderate swing, a ballad and a latin/swing piece. The first one and the last one went well but, the second song went very poorly, to put it candidly. It was out of tune and half-way a member of the rhythm got two beats ahead of the band, we lost track of one so the trombone missed their entrance. As long as that doesn't happen at state then we should get a 1 or a 1-.

Thank you guys for reading. I hope you will comment on the post and follow this blog if you haven't already. Have a nice day, night nice night or nice anything.

Oh,  here's the music we played at the jazz concert. The Satin Doll video isn't the same arrangement but you'll get the idea. Links above in blue.





No comments:

Post a Comment